The Ladies Auxiliary of the Little Harbour Fire Department has been raising funds for our fire department for over 40 years. At first this was an association of firemen’s wives but it has evolved into a social group of women from the area dedicated to raising funds for the fire department and enjoying themselves while doing it. We currently have 25 active members and a membership of 40.
This group meets at the Firehall at 7 pm, the 2nd Monday of each month except July and August. Many meetings include a guest speaker, while others include doing crafts or playing games. We collect a small donation every meeting for the Frank H. Academy and Pictou Landing First Nations school Breakfast Programs.
The Auxiliary raises funds by sponsoring a take out bean supper in February or March, a bridge party usually in September, various coffee parties, paint afternoons (with wine), sock hops, variety concerts, potluck suppers and other fun events.
In the past few years the auxiliary has taken on a more active role with the fire department by helping out with numerous activities such as:
- Catering events that are held at the fire hall, such as the “First Aid Course” in February,
- Serving at the “Planked Salmon Supper” in August,
- Visiting schools with the fire fighters in October during Fire Prevention Week
- Providing face painting and treat bags for Santa to give the children at the annual “Tree Lighting” ceremony in November.
Upcoming events are posted in green on this website’s “Events” page.
New members and guests are always welcome. Please contact Corinne MacDonald @ 902 759-1066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership dues are $5 a year due in October which is our Anniversary month. We usually celebrate this anniversary by going out for supper as a group.
The current board of directors consists of:
President - Corinne MacDonald 902 -759-1066 email email@example.com
Secretary - Janet MacLean - 902-396-8223 email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer - Bev Webster 902-755-5480 email Bev.Webster@bellaliant.com
Our group also has two committees, namely:
- The Social Committee lead by Rita MacDonald, Joan Ervin, Sandy Janzi
- The fund raising Committee lead by Janet MacLean, Corinne MacDonald, Bev Webster
- Convener lead by Debi Wadden